For part one of Project 2, we were given a list of event information and we had to break it down and create illustrator files using hierarchy techniques and guidelines given to us. I chose to pick the Warhol Sound series Block Party, which is a music event. I broke down the information into sections, thought about where on a page the information could go, and I looked into the bands playing.
For project 1 Susan, Jacky, Jess, and I worked together to dissect National Geographic. We discovered the similarities and differences between web and print, learned the grid systems, made a hypothesis, and found evidence.
*focus on mainly my work*
I tried to figure out the dominant, sub dominant, and subordinate parts of my shell along with how the natural curves fit together. I also tried to analyze the most prominent characteristics of the shell.
Rough sketches of my bedroom. Measuring and scaling focus.
For class I was assigned to figure out the composition and subject matter of my animal poster. Since I am focusing on habitat loss of the Northern Flying Squirrel, I wanted to show the animal as the subject but then deforestation happening in the background.
I made some very very quick thumb nail sketches as I was coming up with ideas. From there I worked from the one composition and make some more fast compositions.
I have never drawn figures before so this was all super new for me.
For this project we are to choose an animal from the endangered species list from the country/ city we are from and then build it out of plastic containers. When I researched what animals are considered endangered in Pennsylvania I found that most of the animals were birds. The only bird that really caught my attention was the great egret because it reminded me of a swan. The only problem was that because the animal we are building has to have an interactive part, the great egret would be kinda boring. After doing more research I found out that the…
We were tasked to design 3 differently shaped modular pieces (about 1x1 inch each) and create two 3D structures per module shape. For each designed module, I made 10 replicas. One of the concepts stressed for this exploration was to create a set of criteria for the modular pieces to follow when creating the 3D structures The specified criteria varied by structure (as specified by pictures). Also, with not being allowed to use adhesives, creating slits and joins that connect sturdily is ideal.
The instructions stated to use cardboard, packaging, bristol board, or cardstock if none of the previous options…